10.09.2012

Vendor Feature:: Oh Lucy



One of my friends from growing up in New York has started an incredibly beautiful and unique business.... with peacock feathers! I am continually stunned by Cindy's creativity and new fresh colors and combinations. Perfect to add a flair on your wedding day or night on the town, these little beauties are elegantly crafted. Being a newborn-obsessed photographer, I even found a way to incorporate into newborn props... the possibilities are endless. 

Cindy with Oh Lucy.
Check her out on facebook here!
Check her out on Etsy here!

And scroll down to find out more about how this whole amazing thing got started. :)

Oh! And exclusive discount for you at the end!!! :) :)





 

Cindy, how long have you been in business? This September was my one year anniversary.
How would you describe your style? I personally have a very simple style--I like to wear solids and then layer them and have a splash of accent, like a good piece of jewelry. I take the same approach with my feather pieces. They're vintage-inspired, but not over the top--they're simple, clean, and not overpowering. Most of my pieces center around the peacock feather. Peacock feathers are naturally beautiful on their own, so I try to bring that out in every piece. My pieces are a mix of bridal-wear, but also pieces that you can wear anywhere to any event--the office or out on the town. 

What inspired you to start creating these products?
My family is very artistic and crafty. Honestly, I went to the mall one day and saw stores selling feather earrings and hair clips. They were horrible! Glue everywhere, the feathers were ratty, etc. And I thought, I think I can do better. So I bought some feathers and it all kind of spread from there.

Where do you get your new ideas?
 One of the best parts of the job is that I get to make custom pieces for my customers' particular events or to match their styles, so I'm constantly stretching my own personal style as a result and am very inspired by my customers' visions for their own pieces. I also just spend a lot of time playing around with feathers. I create different things and think about it for a while. I actually have a whole box of pieces I've made that I just didn't feel were up to snuff, but I don't have the heart to throw them away. I am surrounded by feathers so much that I even dream about them--new designs or things I want to try out!

What are your most popular products? I have a couple of pieces that people are obsessed with. I constantly am cutting purple peacock feathers just to keep up with the demand:


And people love these shoe clips:

And this hair clip:

Any Pinterest pins of your products you find people love most?


Please go check out her amazing creations. I've never seen anyone work so much magic with feathers!!

To sweeten the deal, she's offering an exclusive discount to you all... 
10% coupon for my wonderful readers!!

Just enter LUCYANDFIFE10 at checkout!

Have a fabulous week, friends.

No comments: