5.30.2009

Engagements + a Family

For this photoshoot I couldn't help but think about my art & design students. We have a class of 5 of our most experienced students who just finished their final class (at least until we finish our preparations for our artificial lighting class). They have learned a whole lot of things, from White Balance, to exposure, to proper lighting techniques. I imagined them sitting there watching me and anytime I was tempted to do something lazy and have a "I'll just photoshop it later" moment, they would yell "shoot it right in camera!" They are at the point now where they can find all the little flaws in my photos and tell me how to improve on them. So......to my 5 students. Congrats to you! You are photographers now! To you and all the rest of my students, I invite you now to comment on the photos and tell me what design and/or other photography principals are being used in each of these photos, as well as offer honest critiques. Have at it! (I do reserve the right to remove your comment and/or my photo if it makes me look like anything less than "the man" :).











Special thanks to Jonathan Canlas for his inspiration in the next few pics.



Equipment used: canon 5d, 40d, 24-70mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, interfit battery powered lights, one faithful reflector, and one great assistant!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I LOVE the one on the stairs. Great photos.

Michelle Woodland said...

I love, love, love the sunset photos!!! I definitely think we should cover that in the artificial lighting class. You have lots of design elements going on...that's why the photos are so great!! :)